Want to know what Mayrhofen & Hintertux Glacier in the Zillertal valley are really like? British journalist and filmer Chris Moran and editor James Fage visited the Tirolean ski areas and spoke to visitors and locals on the chairlifts, in the bars and on the slopes to get their take on it.
- It’s home to two major festivals: Snowbombing for music and Altitude for comedy.
- The world’s steepest run: the Hari Kari (78% steepness) is in Mayrhofen.
- The Penken Park is often hailed as Europe’s best funpark.
- Linked with Hintertux, Europe’s only year-round ski area (it’s open 365 days a year!).
- The Zillertal Super Ski Pass includes these two areas and a total of 489 piste kilometres and 177 lifts.
- The Zillertal Valley is home to two brilliant aqua parks.
- The Telegraph newspaper claimed Mayrhofen was home to the second best apres ski in the world.
- The Igloo Village on the top of the Ahorn mountain is a high-altitude bar and hotel made from ice. And yes, you can stay up there for the night.
To check out the film, watch it here on
And here are a few opinions and impressions from people recently in the ski resort:
If you’d like more information on the skiing areas in the Zillertal, then please visit www.zillertal.at