Want to know what St Anton am Arlberg is really like? British journalist and filmer Chris Moran and editor James Fage visited the Tirolean ski resort and spoke to visitors and locals on the chairlifts, in the bars and on the slopes to get their take on it.
- The first ever ski school opened in St Anton, hence the resorts slogan: The Cradle of Alpine Skiing
- St Anton has lovely old traditional hotels as well as super-modern ‘boutique’ hang outs. The mix of old and new is great.
- It’s famous for its off-piste skiing, with plenty of specialist powder specialist courses based in the area.
- The Valuga cable car is passengers only: no skis (unless you’re on an off-piste course)
- The Galzig gondola is one of the most amazing engineering feats of any ski resort.
- The Krazy Kangaruh, the Sennhütte and the legendary Mooserwirt are some of the best apres-ski in Austria. Which is saying something!
- The Rodelbahn is a sledge-only piste that’s amazing for kids, families and people who want to put a smile on their face.
- The White Thrill (Der Weiße Rausch) is an annual ski race down the Veluga piste open to all-commers.
To check out the film, watch it here on
And here are a few opinions and impressions from people in the ski resort:
If you’d like more information on St Anton ski area, then please visit www.stantonamarlberg.com