Want to know what Seefeld is really like? British journalist and filmer Chris Moran and editor James Fage visited the Tirolean ski area and spoke to visitors and locals on the chairlifts, in the bars and on the slopes to get their take on it.
- As famous for its nordic skiing as well as the downhill skiing, this Olympic area (it hosted Olympic events in 1976 and 2012) will host the Nordic World Skiing Championships in 2019.
- It’s the perfect place to try cross country skiing.
- Seefeld is one of the shortest transfers in the Alps: less than half an hour from Innsbruck airport.
- Arrive by train: the town has a fantastic old railway station that’s plugged directly into major European routes.
- Home to one of the coolest ski schools in Austria.
- There’s an Audi test centre if you fancy improving your ice-driving skills.
- The old town is home to a beautiful old casino, fabulous 5-star hotels and some of the best wellness to be found in the world.
- Give curling a try when you’re in town!
To check out the film, watch it here on
And here are a few opinions and impressions from people in the ski resort:
If you’d like more information on Seefeld ski area, then please visit www.seefeld.com